Welcome!

This blog is to show people what it's really like to live with Rheumatoid Arthritis at 18. When I was diagnosed, I searched the web and found very few accounts showing the difficulties of dealing with this disease at such a young age. On top of this, there were NONE that described the college experience living with RA, which has inpired me to start this! I hope my account can provide hope and support to RA fighters of all ages, and especially to those who have just been diagnosed!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gladiator Run

As I mentioned before, I decided to run a 5k race while I still can. It was the Phoenix Gladiator Rock'N Run autism fundraiser and I was actually pretty nervous to see how my joints would react.

The race included a mountain run, and 17 obstacles including a mud craw, fire put jump, and rope wall that we had to climb. It was a strain to be able to do some of the events, but overall not bad! I was surprised to see how well my body handled it, and had very little swelling and pain the next day. It has really encouraged me to start being more active, and I'm hopefully going to be signing up for a half marathon soon.

Here are some pictures from the race. We were team "Tutu's and Tata's".



1 comment:

  1. This is amazing that you did this!! It makes me sad sometimes, when my rheumy tells me all of things I'm unable to do if I want to not be basically crippled, and makes me regret all of the things I didn't do before my diagnosis. It's great to see someone taking advantage of what they can do and hear about someone with a similar diagnosis as me doing it.

    It's incredibly inspiring reading your blog. I'm 17 and was diagnosed at about 12 with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was way too excited to find someone dealing with the things I am and blogging about. :)

    ReplyDelete